- Married my One that Got Away; it's just as good as people think... better, even!
- We live in Georgetown, with Riley, the Dawg of Much Shedding; and Abbey, the Head-butting cat
- Currently the tech lead of a PeopleTools Upgrade and Replatforming project.
Responsible for solution design, project planning, risk and option analysis, client relationship management, and co-ordinating our cloud, network, infrastructure, development, testing teams across countries, timezones and continents.
Hmm... should this be in the "fun" section instead?
- Wrapping up a long stint as Infrastructure Architect and team lead in Ottawa, on largest PeopleSoft Payroll implementation in Canada
- Lead Photographer for NikPix
- Riding the motorcycles when we can
- Reading: "Blood, Sweat and Pixels - The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made". Harrowing tales of project management, really...
- Just returned from Iceland; 9 days of camping in inclement weather, and most stunningly gorgeous natural landscapes we ever dreamed of seeing in our lives
- Sarajevo Rijeka Minnesota Winnipeg Toronto Georgetown
- Visiting instructor at Humber college 2013-2016, teaching project management and MS Project classes to engineers newly arrived to Canada. Tremendous fun and one of the more rewarding experiences of my life)
- Lead author for "Implementing PeopleSoft Enterprise" RedBook
- Almost two decades of experience with PeopleSoft infrastructure and ecosystems
- Rallying! Whether as driver, navigator, marshall or volunteer, it filled up my '00's
- Almost got my pilot license in Winnipeg -but not quite (move to Toronto interrupted studies... for now)
- Dragonboating for a couple of years with the "Totally Insane Crew" - certainly the most challenging physical activity of my nerdy life!
- Skiing through the childhood and occasionally as adult; tried Rock Climbing, Fencing, etc
- Europe (Germany, Italy, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia) - 2005,2006,2013,2016
- Year in Minnesota, as exchange student in 1996-1997
- Kansas, repeatedly, to see family
- San Francisco, possibly my favourite happy place, in 2003, 2005, 2011, 2014, and as soon as possible again
- Boston, Vermon and bits of New England with me lovely lady in 2017
- Chicago a couple of times to help with my nephew's physio
- 36 hours in Vegas...
- Calgary and nearby rockies, a few times, with work and family
- Halifax... want to move there. Can we now? Please? How about now??
- Vancouter, for four rainy days; on fifth day, whoa - there's mountains and ocean and forrests here!
- Quebec - Gatineau/Hull (does that count?), Quebec City to Percé Peninsula
- Montreal, so long ago I barely remember
- Ottawa, once a week for five years (and I still don't know anything about it)
- Cuba, where I discovered I can relax, unclench, and unwind after all!
- Dominican Republic, which they assure me is a completely different place
- Have our own little grabbies
- Support our families and each other
- See the world, meet new people, together
- Have fun and try new things
- Build and develop a high-performing, self-leading team
- Write another book
- Design, Architect and/or build a system that makes a difference
- Learn guitar properly; have a family band; record some horrible music; make friends and family listen to them
- Sri-Lanka/Ceylon: Arthur C. Clarke's description, read long ago, never quite left my imagination
- African Safari... maybe one of Thom Hogan's photographer trips
- South America: Brazil (where Iwan and the gang are from), Bolivia (Need to visit Ana one of these years), Chile (death road, oh yeah)(or oh no...)
- San Francisco: can't get enough of that place